Saturday, August 22, 2009

Penniless in London

I think I am on the verge of another experiment in my life. One that might make or break me. 

I made an important discovery today. My wallet is empty. 

My next live-in job starts on Sep 1st and till then, I am broke. Completely, utterly broke. All my money has been spent on job-hunting and surviving, and I am at a position where I can rub shoulders with a discreet Zen beggar.

Pluses: I have a roof over my head, food three times a day, a wifi laptop on loan, a library in walkable distance, and a phone that can take incoming calls.

Minus: No money, not even a penny, in my wallet.

One more week to go till I see cash notes in my life. Can I survive? Is it even possible to claim to enjoy life without money? 

As I said, this is going to be a most important week in my life. As I looked into my empty wallet, my whole life flashed before my eye. My passions, my hatreds, my previous jobs, my weaknesses, my strengths my vice, my virtues... almost each of them had involved money, directly or indirectly. Can I remain intact, physically and mentally, for a week without the green notes?

Let's find out.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! how powerful did that feel??? you survived it, i can see from your next few posts :)

    ReplyDelete